Nifty Indices consists of various sector index and Nifty auto index is one of the major sector. It consists of 15 automobile stock companies that have different weightage in the index.
One of the main purpose of setting up Nifty auto index is to gauge the performance in the automobile sector in India.
It’s computation is done via free float market capitalization method. It started on 1st January 2004 with a base value of 1000.
Nifty Auto Stock Companies List with weightage
Below is the list of Stock Companies that are included in Nifty auto Index including their weightage sorted on the basis of percentage from high to low as released by NSE India on basis of closing prices of March, 2021.
- Maruti Sazuki India (MARUTI) – 19.45%
- Mahindra & Mahindra (M&M) – 16.24%
- Tata Motors (TATAMOTORS) – 11.54%
- Bajaj Auto (BAJAJAUTO) – 10.20%
- Hero MotoCorp (HEROMOTOCO) – 8.07%
- Eicher Motors (EICHERMOT) – 7.74%
- Motherson Sumi Systems (MOTHERSUMI) – 5.16%
- MRF Ltd. (MRF) – 3.65%
- Ashok Leyland (ASHOKLEY) – 3.48%
- Bharat Forge (BHARATFORG) – 3.20%
- Balkrishna Industries (BALKRISIND) – 2.92%
- Bosch Ltd. (BOSCHLTD) – 2.57%
- TVS Motor Company Ltd. (TVSMOTOR) – 2.49%
- Exide Industries (EXIDEIND) – 1.80%
- Amara Raja Batteries (AMARAJABAT) – 1.49%
Maruti Sazuki (MARUTI) has the highest weightage of 19.45% in Nifty Auto Index, Mahindra & Mahindra (M&M) is the second on the list with 16.24% & Tata Motors (TATAMOTORS) is the third on the list having 11.54%.
Amara Raja Batteries (AMARAJABAT) has the least weightage of 1.49% in the Nifty Auto Index.