Nifty Indices consists of various sector index and Nifty auto index is one of the major sector. It consists of 15 automobile stock companies that have different weightage in the index. Nifty Auto Stocks Weightage List 2022 contains 15 top stocks in the Auto Sector.
One of the main purpose of setting up Nifty auto index is to gauge the performance in the automobile sector in India.
It’s computation is done via free float market capitalization method. It started on 1st January 2004 with a base value of 1000.
Nifty Auto Stocks Weightage List 2022
Below is the list of Stock Companies that are included in Nifty auto Index including their weightage sorted on the basis of percentage from high to low as released by NSE India on basis of closing prices of April, 2022.
- Maruti Sazuki India (MARUTI) – 19.53%
- Mahindra & Mahindra (M&M) – 16.81%
- Tata Motors (TATAMOTORS) – 14.94%
- Bajaj Auto (BAJAJAUTO) – 9.25%
- Eicher Motors (EICHERMOT) – 6.98%
- Hero MotoCorp (HEROMOTOCO) – 6.20%
- Tube Investments of India Ltd. (TIINDIA) – 3.50%
- Ashok Leyland (ASHOKLEY) – 3.48%
- Bharat Forge (BHARATFORG) – 3.42%
- Balkrishna Industries (BALKRISIND) – 3.31%
- MRF Ltd. (MRF) – 2.88%
- TVS Motor Company Ltd. (TVSMOTOR) – 2.78%
- Bosch Ltd. (BOSCHLTD) – 2.36%
- Sona BLW Precision Forgings Ltd. (SONACOMS) – 2.33%
- Escorts Ltd. (ESCORTS) – 2.22%
Maruti Sazuki (MARUTI) has the highest weightage of 19.53% in Nifty Auto Index, Mahindra & Mahindra (M&M) is the second on the list with 16.81% & Tata Motors (TATAMOTORS) is the third on the list having 14.94%.
Escorts Ltd. (ESCORTS) has the least weightage of 2.22% in the Nifty Auto Index.
You can also check latest Nifty IT Stocks List here.
Amara Raja Batteries and Exide Industries has been expelled from Nifty Auto Index.
As per press release by NSE on June 15 2021, Motherson Sumi Systems Ltd. (MOTHERSUMI) has been excluded from Nifty Auto Index and Tube Investments of India Ltd. (TIINDIA) has been included w.e.f. June 30, 2021.
Nifty Auto Index Share Price
Nifty Auto Stocks Prices
Notes: – Prices are delayed by 15 minutes. Some stocks may show error in display prices due to some technical issue.