Nifty Indices consists of various sector index and Nifty IT index is one of the major sector. It consists of 10 IT stocks companies that have different weightage in the index.
One of the main purpose of setting up Nifty IT index is to gauge the performance in the Information Technology sector in India.
It’s computation is done via free float market capitalization method. It started on 1st January 1996 with a base value of 1000.
It’s base value changed to 100 from 1000 on 28th May 2004. Index Re-balancing is done on Semi-Annual basis.
Nifty IT Stock Companies List with weightage
Below is the list of Stock Companies that are included in Nifty IT Index including their weightage sorted on the basis of percentage from high to low as released by NSE India on basis of closing prices of November 27, 2020.
- Infosys (INFY) – 26.12%
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) – 26.03%
- Wipro Ltd. (WIPRO) – 9.83%
- Tech Mahindra (TECHM) – 9.67%
- Info Edge (India) Ltd. (NAUKRI) – 9.46%
- HCL Technologies (HCLTECH) – 9.00%
- Larsen & Turbo Infotech Ltd. (LTI) – 3.88%
- MphasiS (MPHASIS) – 3.13%
- MindTree Ltd. (MINDTREE) – 1.69%
- Coferge Ltd. (COFERGE) – 1.18%
Infosys (INFY) has the highest weightage of 26.12% in Nifty IT Stocks, Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) is the second on the list with 26.03% & Wipro Ltd. (WIPRO) is the third on the list having 9.83%.
Coferge Ltd. (COFERGE) has the least weightage of 1.18% in the Nifty IT Companies List.