NSE consists of various sector indices and Pharma Stocks List in NSE is one of the major sector. It consists of 20 pharma stocks companies that have different weightage in the index.
One of the main purpose of setting up Nifty Pharma index is to gauge the performance in the pharmaceutical sector in India.
It’s computation is done via free float market capitalization method. It started on 1st July 2005 with a base value of 1000. Re-balancing of the index is done semi-annually.
NSE Pharma Stocks List with Weightage 2021
Below is the list of Stock Companies that are included in NSE Pharma Stocks including their weightage sorted on the basis of percentage from high to low as released by NSE India on basis of closing prices of September 30, 2021.
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (SUNPHARMA) – 18.64%
- Divi’s Laboratories Ltd (DIVISLAB) – 12.9%
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd. (DRREDDY) – 12.51%
- Cipla Ltd (CIPLA) – 10.55%
- Lauras Labs Ltd (LAURASLABS) – 5.09%
- Lupin Ltd (LUPIN) – 4.83%
- Aurobindo Pharma (AUROPHARMA) – 4.3%
- Alkem Laboratories Ltd. (ALKEM) – 3.92%
- Gland Pharma Ltd. (GLAND) – 3.87%
- BIOCON LTD. (BIOCON) – 3.49%
- Ipca Laboratories Ltd. (IPCALAB) – 3.49%
- Torrent Pharmaceutical Ltd (TORNTPHARM) – 3.19%
- Cadila Healthcare Ltd. (CADILAHC) – 2.98%
- Abbot India Ltd (ABBOTINDIA) – 2.3%
- Pfizer Ltd (PFIZER) – 1.83%
- NATCO Pharma Ltd (NATCO) – 1.75%
- Glenmark Pharmaceutical Ltd (GLENMARK) – 1.61%
- Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd (APLLTD) – 1.01%
- Granules India Ltd. (GRANULES) – 0.95%
- Strides Pharma Science Ltd (STAR) – 0.78%
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries (SUNPHARMA) has the highest weightage of 18.64% in Nifty Pharma Stocks Index, Divi’s Laboratories (DIVISLAB) is the second on the list with 12.90% & Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories (DRREDDY) is the third on the list having 12.51%.
Strides Pharma Science (STAR) has the least weightage of 0.78% in the Nifty Pharma Stocks Index.
You can also check Top Nifty IT Stocks.