Nifty Indices consists of various sector index and Nifty Pharma index companies is one of the major sector. It consists of 10 pharma stock companies that have different weightage in the index.
One of the main purpose of setting up Nifty Pharma index is to gauge the performance in the pharmaceutical sector in India.
It’s computation is done via free float market capitalization method. It started on 1st July 2005 with a base value of 1000. Re-balancing of the index is done semi-annually.
Nifty Pharma Stocks Companies List with weightage
Below is the list of Stock Companies that are included in Nifty Pharma Index including their weightage sorted on the basis of percentage from high to low as released by NSE India on basis of closing prices of June 30, 2021.
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries (SUNPHARMA) – 20.12%
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories (DRREADY) – 18.17%
- Divi’s Laboratories (DIVISLAB) – 15.50%
- Cipla Ltd. (CIPLA) – 13.62%
- Lupin Ltd. (LUPIN) – 7.63%
- Aurobindo Pharma (AUROPHARMA) – 7.49%
- Biocon Ltd. (BIOCON) – 5.09%
- Cadila Healthcare (CADLAHC) – 4.56%
- Torrent Pharmaceutical (TORNTPHARM) – 3.93%
- Alkem Laboratories (ALKEM) – 3.90%
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries (SUNPHARMA) has the highest weightage of 20.12% in Nifty Pharma Stocks Index, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories (DRREADY) is the second on the list with 18.17% & Divi’s Laboratories (DIVISLAB) is the third on the list having 15.50%.
Alkem Laboratories (ALKEM) has the least weightage of 3.90% in the Nifty Pharma Stocks Index.