NSE consists of various sector indices and Pharma Stocks List in NSE is one of the major sector. It consists of 20 pharma stocks companies that have different weightage in the index.
One of the main purpose of setting up Nifty Pharma index is to gauge the performance in the pharmaceutical sector in India.
It’s computation is done via free float market capitalization method. It started on 1st July 2005 with a base value of 1000. Re-balancing of the index is done semi-annually.
NSE Pharma Stocks List with Weightage 2023
Below is the list of Stock Companies that are included in NSE Pharma Stocks including their weightage sorted on the basis of percentage from high to low as released by NSE India on basis of closing prices of January 31, 2023.
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (SUNPHARMA) – 26.88%
- Divi’s Laboratories Ltd (DIVISLAB) – 10.17%
- Cipla Ltd (CIPLA) – 13.25%
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd. (DRREDDY) – 12.65%
- Lauras Labs Ltd (LAURASLABS) – 3.12%
- Lupin Ltd (LUPIN) – 4.28%
- Aurobindo Pharma (AUROPHARMA) – 2.76%
- Gland Pharma Ltd. (GLAND) – 1.91%
- BIOCON LTD. (BIOCON) – 2.51%
- Alkem Laboratories Ltd. (ALKEM) – 3.55%
- Ipca Laboratories Ltd. (IPCALAB) – 2.80%
- Torrent Pharmaceutical Ltd (TORNTPHARM) – 3.35%
- Abbot India Ltd (ABBOTINDIA) – 2.66%
- Zydus Lifesciences Ltd. (ZYDUSLIFE) – 2.63%
- NATCO Pharma Ltd (NATCO) – 1.19%
- Pfizer Ltd (PFIZER) – 1.45%
- Glenmark Pharmaceutical Ltd (GLENMARK) – 1.38%
- Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd (APLLTD) – 1.00%
- Granules India Ltd. (GRANULES) – 0.96%
- Strides Pharma Science Ltd (STAR) – 0.47%
Sun Pharmaceutical Industries (SUNPHARMA) has the highest weightage of 22.60% in Nifty Pharma Stocks Index, Divi’s Laboratories (DIVISLAB) is the second on the list with 12.94% & Cipla Ltd. is on the third in the list having 11.42%.
Strides Pharma Science (STAR) has the least weightage of 0.47% in the Nifty Pharma Stocks Index.
You can also check Top Nifty IT Stocks.